Top Ten Tips from My Favorite Magazines - July


1.  I am always looking for new Grilled Shrimp recipes. Found this one in July issue of O.. Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Caper-Lemon Vinaigrette.

2.   Also from O Magazine ... a switch on the Mozzarella Tomato Caprese. This one has avocado in between the slices of cheese and tomato. Sprinkle with basil or pesto sauce.

3.   I saw this tip in Real Magazine. They suggested it as an unscented way to keep mosquitoes away.

4.   I don't remember in which magazine I saw the tip about cutting marshmallows but thought it was a handy one.

5.   "This" app was featured in MacLife... and yes it is actually called "this." I love this app. It is so handy for adding how to captions onto pictures. I think I will create a post just on "This" app. I like it that much.

6.    I needed a new thermos because mine flew off of the roof of my car when I drove away. I saw the Swell bottle in a Martha Stewart Living and then again at Starbucks. I read that the largest version holds an entire bottle of wine.  

7.    Downloaded Paul Simon's new album after reading a review. That man can so masterly play with words. Stranger to Stranger is Simon's 13th solo album. I particularly like the title song , Wristband, Proof of Love and the quirky Street Angel.

8.    Discovered the color palette of navy, peach and sand in this month's Coastal Living. I liked it so much I redid the palette of Cynthia 2.0.

9.   Interesting feature in Prevention Magazine about how research shows that blueberries may help to reduce Alzheimer's risk. 

10.  I have a thing for Airstream trailers. Sunset magazine has an article about Glam Camping. They describe 18 locations including Sonoma's Airstream Auto Camp. (Opens August 15th). Sounds perfect to me.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment